Facebook Lite is an Android application designed for low-speed connections and low-spec phones, developed by Meta Platforms, Inc. Many of Facebook's classic features are available on the app, such as News Feed, dynamic updates, photo browsing, and receiving notifications, as well as the ability to send messages. And the Facebook Lite app has a small memory footprint, allowing you to save space on your phone and use Facebook on 2G.
Next, the growing appeal of Facebook Lite is not just the app’s 5MB size and reduced data usage, but also users who no longer keep up with the latest smartphones year after year. Optimized for older devices and slower operating systems, Facebook Lite uses less power to limit battery consumption and downloads less data to save storage space. Facebook Lite can also help you keep up with the latest news and current events around the world. Subscribe to your favorite celebrities, brands, websites, artists or sports teams and follow their newsfeeds from the convenience of your Facebook Lite.
Overall, Compared with the original Facebook, this application has the advantages of fast installation and loading speed, strong compatibility, and small traffic consumption, which opens a simpler social network world for you.
On iOS App Store, the rating of Facebook Lite is 3.5 out of 5.0, with 13,300 user reviews. On Google Play, its rating is 4.0 out of 5.0, with 23,400,000 user reviews and more than one billion installs. Based on the above data, we can find that this app has relatively high scores and ranks high on Google Play. Of course, if you are looking for an app that uses less system resources and less data, and is suitable for slower connections, then Facebook Lite is your best choice.
In the latest update, in addition to fixing some known bugs and improving performance, Facebook Lite also cuts ads and redundant features, allowing users to refresh more quickly and greatly reduce traffic consumption. Therefore, your experience is better and smoother.
From the actual experience, Facebook Lite is undoubtedly a super practical application. It’s almost as full-featured as the regular Facebook app. You can still like and comment on your friends’ posts, visit their profiles, post to your own timeline, and do all the other things you normally do.
Even with all the features, you'll notice that what makes Facebook Lite different is a completely stripped-down interface, with larger, blockier buttons and other elements. It looks ordinary, but it’s functional. If you have a decent Android phone and a good mobile data plan, I recommend sticking with the regular Facebook. On the other hand, if you have an old phone or want to save mobile data, the Face Book lite is a great option.
1. Use less system resources and less data.
2. Facebook Lite has the main features of Facebook, but consumes less traffic.
3. Fast installation speed. The app is smaller, so the download speed is faster and takes up less storage space.
4. Use less traffic and save money for you.
5. Compatible with all networks, suitable for 2G networks, and can be used in areas with slow or unstable network connection.
6. Fast loading speed, and experience become smoother.
7. Available on older Android phones, and works on older Android phones that don’t support the regular Facebook.
1. The image loaded by the application is of lower resolution, and the higher resolution image will be loaded only after the user clicks.
2. The app also does not support video and video ads.